In June 2019, I produced a major conference about collaborative housing for the voluntary group Self Organised Architecture (SOA). This was the first major event that SOA had undertaken.
Cohousing is a community-led, democratic, and ethical way of developing housing and is concerned with sustainability and the cooperative development of the city.
The conference took place in Dublin Castle and TU Dublin Bolton Street over two days, and there were 22 speakers and workshop leaders, and over 400 attendees.
The event was supported by Dublin City Council, The Housing Agency, Arup, O’Mahoney Pike Architects, Cooperative Housing Ireland, O’Cualann Cohousing Alliance, Coady Architects, Teachers Union of Ireland, Royal Institute of Architects Ireland, Goethe Institut Irland, MOLA Architects, Limerick City and County Council, Sean Harrington Architects and Cullen Payne Architects.
Key responsibilities for this role included:
– support and guidance for the SOA team in all aspects of event management
– liaison with funders, venues and speakers
– contracting Irish and international speakers, organising flights, accommodation, and hospitality
– media relations and basic media training for the SOA team
– hiring and managing an event assistant, technician, photographer, videographer and caterers
– managing ticketing system