The Casement Project was a major project by choreographer Fearghus O Conchúir as part of the Arts Council of Ireland’s programme for Ireland 2016, and the 14-18 NOW Centenary Commissions.
As part of a dedicated team under the umbrella of Project Arts Centre, I oversaw the management of the project elements, including:
- Butterflies and Bones: The Casement Project, a stage performance presented in The Place (London), Project Arts Centre (Dublin), Belfast International Arts Festival and Banna Strand, Co. Kerry, with a showcase performance in Tanzmesse, Dusseldorf
- Féile Fáilte, a day of dance on the beach at Banna Strand, Co. Kerry
- Two cross-disciplinary academic symposiums, Bodies Politic in Maynooth University and Hospitable Bodies: The Casement Symposium at the British Library in London
- A series of engagement opportunities, particularly for asylum seekers and refugees in London and Dublin.
- I’m Roger Casement, a short dance-film with Emmy-award winning director, Dearbhla Walsh, for broadcast and online streaming was project-managed separately by COCO TV.
Key activities for this role included:
– management and coordination of an international project team
– overall project budget management
– logistics management of the stage performance and showcases (London, Dublin, Belfast, Kerry, Dusseldorf), two academic symposiums (London, Maynooth) and a day-long festival on the beach (Kerry)
– maintaining a high standard of communication with all partners, speakers and artists
– reporting to Arts Council and 14-18 NOW