Since accidentally sparking off an explosive online discussion about sexism in Irish theatre in November 2015, I was Campaign Director of #WakingTheFeminists – a hugely successful one-year grassroots campaign for equality for women in Irish theatre. I was awarded an Irish Times Irish Theatre Award for my work with the campaign.
For more details on #WakingTheFeminists, see here.
Key responsibilities for this role included:
– leadership of the core campaign team throughout the year
– continuous campaign strategy development and public messaging development
– coordination of an extensive online campaign via dedicated website, Facebook, Twitter– formal and informal liaison with the Irish theatre community
– extensive national and international media appearances and public speaking engagements
– representation of the campaign to government and state funding agencies
– fundraising and grant application writing
– coordination of three major high profile public events, and liaison on upwards of 30 ancillary supporters events