While the Wicklow Arts Officer was on maternity leave, I was employed by Wicklow County Council to coordinate all aspects of their programme for Culture Night in 2017.
September 22nd saw 34 events taking place across the county as part of the Culture Night programme, comprising a wide selection of performances, talks, and workshops. The full programme is available to view here.
Photos by Barbara Flynn.
Key responsibilities for this role included:
– management of event submission and grant application system
– selection of participating events
– programming events in local venues, where needed
– funding decisions for supported events
– liaison with local organisations, individual artists, national Culture Night team, and County Council staff
– collation of information for print and online brochure, and national website
– engagement and management of graphic designer and photographer
– event marketing, distribution, and social media coordination
– budget management and reporting